Elevate your appetizer game with our delectable Savory Herb and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. Bursting with a medley of fresh herbs and creamy cheeses, these bite-sized delights offer a tantalizing blend of earthy mushrooms and vibrant herb-infused goodness that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
For the Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 20 large button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
- 1 cup fresh herbs (such as a combination of parsley, chives, and dill), finely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
For the Herb Butter Drizzle:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (use the same combination as in the filling), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Prepare the Mushrooms:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set them aside. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare the Filling:
- In a bowl, combine the chopped fresh herbs, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with the herb and cheese mixture, mounding it slightly.
- Bake the Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the stuffed mushrooms for a golden finish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is lightly browned.
- Prepare the Herb Butter Drizzle:
- While the mushrooms are baking, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in the fresh herbs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the herbs become fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Once the stuffed mushrooms are done, transfer them to a serving platter.
- Drizzle the herb-infused butter sauce over the top of the stuffed mushrooms.