Ingredients for six 1.5 fl oz. / 50 ml. ice cream bars:
• 5 fl oz. / 150 ml. orange juice (the juice from 2 oranges if using a hand press)
• gently grated peel from one orange (ideally one that hasn’t been treated chemically)
• 2 oz. / 60 g. sugar (and 1-2 spoonsful according to the oranges’ sourness)
• 4 fl oz. / 120 ml whipping cream
• 1 oz. / 30 ml of milk, ideally fullcream and fresh
Mix the grated peel of a well-rubbed orange with sugar. Mix it together with the orange juice, cream and milk, making sure to do it well enough so as to dissolve the sugar completely. Taste the mixture and add sugar according to preference (hence the two additional spoonsfuls of sugar).
The flavor should be rather sweet as the freezing process lessens the eventual sweetness. Pour into forms and freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours.
Subscribe today and get the next issue.
Schedule: October 15 – January 15
Where to buy My Herbs:
New issue is out: Barnes & Noble, Broadway, New York